Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Tío Louie Reporta: Countdown to Cannes– 7 DAYS OF 7 NY LATINOS AT CANNES 2015 (Part 1)

HOLA is proud to present Tío Louie Reporta, where filmmaker and Executive Producer of Prime Latino Media, Louis Perego Moreno (also known as Tío Louie) interviews actors and multimedia-makers in the business.


Something is abuzz. With internationally acclaimed Latinos winning Academy Awards for Best Director two consecutive years, PRIME LATINO MEDIA is proud to announce that seven talented and accomplished Latino multimedia-makers and actors from the familia are climbing up the career ladder in a short film at the Cannes Film Festival from May 13-24, 2015. Acceptance into the Festival de Cannes with their film will benefit from a prime viewing position within the Short Film Corner. U.S. Latinos are taking the world over by storm in media and entertainment and our New Yorkers are part of the revolution.


Countdown: Day 1 of 7
PABLO ANDRADE: The Tablecloth


Off to the Cannes Film Festival, Pablo will be in a short film screened there and the pearls of wisdom he offers is that if your passion and craft is acting, “Be obsessed and don’t have a Plan B for your career.

Actor: Pablo Andrade (from Venezuela)
Director: Youssef Lahlou (Moroccan-born)
Synopsis: A group of friends and family who gather for a birthday meal seemingly engaged in cordial conversations while hiding imperfections and secrets under the tablecloth.

  • How was the casting process for the project? It went fast. I read for two different characters. I felt connected to each one. However, I felt more energy and connection with the character I was cast, Tom, and his point of view. Tom was a perpetrator of domestic violence. I felt that my role was not to portray him solely as a bad guy, but to also look at the other side of this character. And since the director, Youssef, is also a foreigner, he had no problem with my Spanish accent in English.
  • The film seemed rich in culture, religion, rituals and tradition, how was that for you? It was a very heterogeneous cast, as well as crew, which I enjoyed and it nurtured me as an actor greatly.
  • Are you still taking classes at HB Studios? Yes, I am at the 4th level there. In spite of these three awards [he recently won two HOLA Awards and a Latin ACE Award], I firmly believe in the importance of taking acting classes. I’ve always sworn that if I were to ever win an Oscar I would still take classes. As of late, I am taking classes that range from stage combat to directing for theater.
  • At this point in your acting career, tell me how it feels to be in a film project traveling to Cannes? I am totally surprised, not because I didn’t feel the film was worth it– don’t get me wrong, I think it’s a great short. I have just received three awards in the last six months. I have also gotten a new role in the last two months at Repertorio Español with Cronica de una muerte anunciada (Chronicle of a Death Foretold) by Gabriel García Márquez. And here I am with a project going to Cannes– one of the best film festivals in the world. Plus more importantly, it’s a great film that I am proud to be aligned with because of the execution rendered due to its visual and emotional artistic investment.

Tablecloth trailer
HOLA Awards Acceptance Speech (in English and Spanish)



Louis E. Perego Moreno (Tío Louie) is President of Skyline Features, he is an interactive content producer and educator who for the past 33 years has owned a bilingual (English- and Spanish-language) multimedia and educational production company developing documentaries, television programming and advertising commercials featuring Latinos, Blacks, Women, Urban Youth and LGBT people. He is also the Executive Producer of Prime Latino Media, the largest network of Latino multimedia-makers and actors in the metropolitan New York area that gather once a month to interview proven leaders in the community.


SOCIAL MEDIA CONTACT

FACEBOOK Group: Prime Latino Media 

Twitter: @PLMSalon
Instagram: PRIME_LATINO_MEDIA

No comments: