This is the official blog of the Hispanic Organization of Latin Actors (HOLA). www.hellohola.org
HOLA has been funded, in part, through the New York State Council on the Arts, The City of New York Department of Cultural Affairs, Friends of HOLA and the dues-paying members of HOLA.
Friday, May 24, 2013
Report: Spanish Language Voiceover Workshop With Manuel Herrera
Manuel Herrera once again conducted his renowned Spanish-Language Voiceover Workshop. For
six (6) sessions, which took place at the HOLA
office on Tuesdays and Thursdays between May 7 and May 23, 2013, he
taught eager HOLA members diction in
Spanish, interpretation and audition techniques in order to make it in the
burgeoning Spanish language voiceover market. His classes are usually done for
small groups of students, so that attention can be paid to each student. The
workshop is one of the only (if not the only) one of its caliber in the U.S.
Some of the feedback from the students are below.
• "This workshop increased my level of confidence as a voiceover artist."
• "I have always been intimidated by commercial copy and taking the workshop has given me the confidence and skills to audition for commercials."
• "Very satisfied and quite happy with the class."
• "Very educational, a lot of information."
• "I learned more than I thought possible, [especially] in such a short period."
• "The cost was very reasonable for all we got out of it."
• "I was once told that my voice and accent were not good for voiceovers. [Manuel] proved that wrong."
• "[Herrera] is very knowledgeable." • "[Herrera] is very disciplined, honest and very professional."
• "Manuel [Herrera] is a genius... a great teacher who takes time to critique you in the most helpful and positive manner."
• "Manuel Herrera is a valuable asset to our community."
• "It is a great course; it helps a lot of experienced and non-experienced actors."
• "Everyone who attends [this workshop] would benefit."
• "Other actors MUST have the opportunity to work with Manuel."