Monday, December 21, 2009

R.I.P. Michael Philip Del Río

Michael Philip Del Río
(9 December 1956 – 13 December 2009)

I first met Michael when I was just starting out in the industry. He recognized that I was an actor and a writer and not just one or the other. I felt like he "got me," like he understood me. He was also an actor and a writer. In those early days, he was very supportive of me and my endeavors. I would see him sporadically in the following years, but he never changed. He always had this light, this youthful energy, this exuberance that was contagious. Whether he was alone or, as often was the case, with his wife Lori, running into him always became a highlight of my day.

His death is still a shock. I think about his family, his friends and his wife (now widow) Lori. I wished I had spent more time with him, but I cherish every moment I got to spend with him. If I were to see him again, all I would tell Michael is, "Thank you, brother. Thank you. Thank you so much for being there for me in my life." And as the curtain of one existence falls and another curtain rises for the light that was known as Michael Philip Del Río, I wish him good luck on his next adventure and I know that wherever he is now, he will continue to charm everyone he encounters along the way.
--A.B. Lugo.

For more information on the career of Michael Philip Del Río, click here.

No comments: