Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Gina Rodríguez and Her Production Company, I Can and I Will Productions, Sign Development Deal With CBS Television Studios

Gina Rodríguez and her production company have inked an overall deal with CBS Television Studios.

Under the multi-year pact, the “Jane the Virgin” star, through her I Can And I Will Productions banner, will develop a wide range of projects for network, cable and streaming platforms.

Rodríguez has already set up her first project under the new deal– she has optioned the German format “Dr. Illegal,” a medical series. Emily Gipson is the development executive for Rodríguez’s company.

I Can and I Will Productions (the title comes from a mantra her father would always tell her– see the video below) is committed to promoting diverse culture on the screen— a cause that Rodríguez has been extremely vocal about, specially with her Latino culture. She also recently established the We Will foundation, which focuses on arts, education and scholarship funding for the less fortunate, with the aim of empowering young women.

Rodríguez
 won the Golden Globe Award for her starring role on “Jane the Virgin,” which hails from CBS TV Studios, in 2015. She was nominated again in 2016 and 2017.

Aside from starring in the CW’s “Jane the Virgin,” which has been picked up for a fourth season, 
Rodríguez is working on a book, I Can And I Will: Tools My Daddy Gave Me, which will hit shelves later this year. The book is being published by CBS TV Studios’ sister company Simon & Schuster.

No comments: