Friday, March 22, 2013

Phil Austin Speaks To NBC Latino About His Role in OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN

I read for several different parts in the film and then my agent called to tell me I had been cast for the vice president role. I never read for it and I did wonder if they would change the character’s name. I’m straight up Caucasian and there was no attempt to play any sort of ethnic spin. The script did say Charlie or Charles Rodriguez, but the fact I wasn’t Hispanic was never discussed or brought up on set.” –PHIL AUSTIN, talking to NBC Latino about his role as U.S. Vice-President Charlie Rodríguez in the action thriller film Olympus Has Fallen

To find out what else Phil Austin said in his interview with Nina Terrero of NBC Latino, plus any comment from the film's distributor, click here.

Also, read what the Rebeldes at Latino Rebels wrote about the situation (and where El Blog de HOLA gets a mention and a quote) by clicking here.

No comments: